Classic Reuben Sandwich2012-10-01
- Yield : N/A
- Servings : N/A
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1 32 oz. jar of Frank's sauerkraut rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz. bottle of Thousand Island dressing
- 1 loaf of marbled rye bread
- 1 pound whole cream butter (softened)
- 1 pound medium sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 pound medium sliced turkey or corned beef
Mix sauerkraut in a bowl with salad dressing.
Butter both sides of each piece of bread - restaurant style.
Add two pieces of swiss cheese and two-four slices of meat to one of the buttered bread halves.
Add one dollop of the sauerkraut mixture.
Place other bread half on sandwich.
Brown one side in pan and turn.
Brown other side and then turn every ten seconds until cheese is melted.
Cut diagonally and serve.Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe