- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 3 pounds meaty pork spareribs
- 1 pound fresh sauerkraut (squeeze a bit but leave some liquid)
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 1/2 diced medium white onion
- thinly sliced salt pork (size of pack of cigarettes)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- caraway seeds
- boiled potatoes (served on the side)
Place spareribs in large pan, add water to fill 3/4. Boil uncovered for 30 minutes or so until ribs are cooked. Remove ribs and remove meat from bones while still hot (easier).
Add to pan the sauerkraut with a little juice, cabbage, caraway seeds and salt.
In another pan, cook salt pork on a low flame, add onion and then in a minute or so add flour. Let cook until golden (not brown). Add to large pot.
Cook medium heat until cabbage is cooked. Return shredded pork to pot.
Serve with boiled potatoes and rye bread for the authentic Polish meal.Add to favorites
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe