- Yield : N/A
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 0m
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup kraut, drained
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1/8-1/2 tsp. garlic powder, to taste
- 1/8-1/2 onion powder, to taste
- 1 egg lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- * You may want to try additions such as:
- 2 Ttbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 finely chopped bell pepper
Finely chop or process the kraut.
In a medium size bowl combine flour,baking soda, and spices.
Stir in the buttermilk,oil and egg.
Fold in finely chopped kraut.
Coat skillet or griddle with cooking spray, heat to medium high.
Drop mixture by large spoonfuls, spreading to desired size in pan.
Flip once and cook until brownedAdd to favorites
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe